I'm Making A Concerted Effort This Weekend

I'm going to make a concerted effort this weekend to cook something new. The last two weeks or so were busy because of Valentine's Day and some nights out with friends on the weekends. Last weekend in particular was a minor league hockey game on Friday night and then an ordeal that ended in a $100+ (split between two people) trip to the grocery store and a good but bland dinner menu for the week.

Sunday we made white (chicken) chili for dinner as well as both chicken salad and egg salad for lunches during the week. Monday we were busy so some of the pre-made food/leftovers. Tuesday we had coconut crusted tilapia with asparagus and Kashi rice. Last night we have baked garlic and herb salmon with wild rice and a balsamic vinaigrette salad with tomato and fresh mozzarella. Tonight the dinner menu is looking like whole wheat pasta, something I am none too pleased about.

Meanwhile the last two nights at 7pm I've watched Food Network Challenge "Build A Better Burger". Its killing me. Healthy food is great sometimes, but a lot of times it just sucks. This weekend I am going to make something, I don't know what, but it will be great and filling and as unhealthy as it needs to be so that it tastes right. None of this whole wheat pasta business.

0 comments: